The 8 Best Walkie Talkies for Kids (Buyer’s Guide and Reviews)
Since the longest time, walkie-talkies have been used both professionally and for recreational purposes as well. However, the market nowadays is more focused on creating the best walkie talkie for kids. These walkie talkies have a simpler design, are functional and are built for durability. Along with being fun to play with, these gadgets also help parents to stay connected with their little ones.
Toggle For Table Of Content
What IS The Best WALKIE TALKIE FOR KIDS
As a parent, you understand the importance of maintaining communication with your kids when going out. Having kids walkie talkies will make it easy to establish a communication channel that won’t let you down.
We have reviewed some of the best-rated walkie talkies that will make it easy to zero down your choice. However, before you read the reviews, let’s take a look at which are the best choice you can buy.
List of Best Two Way Radios For Kids
Retevis RT-628 Walkie Talkie
The Retevis RT-628 Walkie Talkie is one of the best walkie talkies for kids as it boasts of 22 channels of both GMRS and FRS frequency, which cuts down outside interference when communicating. It is a small, lightweight, affordable walkie-talkie which is specifically designed for small kids.
It is suitable for 1-year-old kids and above. It has a durable design which will protect it against any fatal accident or jarring event. If you are planning to help your kid understand the working of a walkie-talkie, the Retevis RT-628 Walkie Talkie will do the job perfectly. This walkie talkie will not only make the experience enjoyable but is also safe for kids.
- The unit is small and lightweight
- It comes with a belt hook which prevents kids from dropping it
- It has powerful functionality with a simple talk button
- Its range is impressive; approximately 9000 feet.
- It comes with 30 days easy return
- VOX function can provide hands-free use
- It comes with 22 FRS and GMRS channels
- It also comes equipped with a backlit screen which makes it easy to play with them even at night
- It is effortless to adjust the power to boost transmission range or conserve battery
- The colorful design makes sure it attracts kids’ attention.
- It has low battery life and one need to replace them frequently
- The signal might not work great if there are many partitions or buildings.
Rating / Grade
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
February 28, 2018
September 6, 2017
September 8, 2016
Little Pretender Walkie Talkies
The Little Pretender Walkie Talkies are the best two way radios which are specifically designed for little kids. It comes loaded with features such as call alert function, a bright LCD display, built-in flashlight, and more. It has a clear voice technology which makes sure you hear your little one’s voice clearly.
It has a special ergonomic design which makes sure the kids can hold it securely. It is easy to carry around, easy to operate and comes with a good range. Made with the highest quality material, it will provide years of nonstop fun.
- As a toy radio, its range is up to 2 miles which are pretty impressive
- It comes with 3 channels which helps protect your child’s privacy
- Comes with a bright LCD which makes it easy to read
- This is a small, comfortable and ergonomic designed unit
- It is easy to use and kids can learn it really fast
- It comes with built-in flashlight and belt clip
- Some customers have reported quality control issues
Rating / Grade
Swiftion Rechargeable Kids Walkie Talkies
The Swiftion Rechargeable Kids Walkie Talkies is convenient and one of the best walkie talkie for 5 year old. It is effortless to use and come with free rechargeable batteries and offers over 4 hours of normal use. It is a highly effective tool for families when playing in the house, neighborhood, garden or yard.
The Swiftion will make up as a perfect gift for your kids. It comes with a user-friendly design and is made up of tough material which makes it suitable for everyday use. It operates on 462-467 MHz FRS/GMRS band, supports up to 22 channels, and has a range of up to 9000 feet.
- Comes with rechargeable batteries
- VOX function is activated without pressing the Push to Talk button
- Scan / Call / Monitor Function
- Lightweight and easy to grip• Link up more than 2 walkie talkies
- Built-in LED torch
- Electronic Volume Selection
- Automatic Battery Saving
- Comes with channel/keyboard lock
- Earphone and charger jack available
- Roger beep
- Transmitting and receiving icons
- • No apparent cons reported
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for 'The 8 Best Walkie Talkies for Kids (Buyer’s Guide and Reviews)' @baby_dot_dot
STOTOY Kids Walkie Talkies
The STOTOY Kids Walkie Talkies is one of the best rated walkie talkies an easy to use long range walkie talkie for kids. It comes with an LCD screen display which makes it convenient to use and glance at the information easily. Moreover, it offers the freedom to stay handsfree when you go out for camping or play at home.
Its small size makes it convenient for kids to hold it comfortably. It has been specifically designed for kids falling in the age group of 4 years to 7 years. Also, the auto squelches feature mute the background noise so that you get clear sound even at a crowded place.
- It comes with an adjustable volume level
- It notifies you of the incoming calls
- After opening the VOX, kids are not required to press the PTT
- Comes with a flashlight
- It has talk confirmation tone
- It is easy to lock the keypad
- Comes with backlit display
- • No apparent cons reported
Rating / Grade
Rheshine Kids Walkie Talkies
The Rheshine Kids Walkie Talkies set for kids is designed to offer small children ease of use. Far from being a mere toy, Rheshine is functional and fun. It is reasonably priced and is popular among parents looking forward to buying a sturdy walkie-talkie that comes loaded with great features.
This walkie talkie is specially designed for small kids to fit perfectly in their small hands. It supports 22 channels to transmit and receive icons. The FRS/GMRS 2-way radios make it easy to link up more than 2 walkie-talkies that are on the same channel. It can easily be used indoors and outdoors. It boasts of a long distance area in open area which makes it easy for parents and kids to stay connected.
- A high-quality set of 2 walkie talkies
- Boast of crisp and smooth sound quality
- Comes with VOX voice function
- Supports 22 channels
- Built-in LED torch and LCD display
- Automatically scan channels
- Range up to 3 km
- Battery power detection
- 12 call tones options, volume level adjustable
- Talk confirmation tone
- Some units stop working after a short period of time. However, a majority of them deliver great performance
Rating / Grade
Other Best Rated Walkie Talkies
What are Kids Walkie Talkies?
Kids walkie talkies are less complicatedly designed walkie talkies that are being used by kids falling in the age group of 3 to 7 years. They can be further divided into few categories:
- Cheap walkie talkies
- Long range walkie talkies for kids
- Two-way radio
- Walkie talkies with 100 miles range
Make sure to avoid cheap walkie talkies as their range is often limited to only 20 feet or less. Moreover, they break at the slightest provocation. These cannot be used in case of emergency as their range is limited. Thus, you can always buy the real walkie talkies as they provide much better range and can be used by the entire family.
How Old is Your Kid?
When you are planning to shop for the walkie-talkie, make sure you consider your child’s age. There is no point of shopping for a walkie-talkie for children who are ten or eleven when your child is four years old. It will be complicated for him to use.
Moreover, if you are buying one for a younger child, make sure you choose the one which is easy to use. Younger children need the basic while older children can get their hands on advanced walkie-talkies.
What Will You Be Using The Walkie Talkies For?
You can choose to spend a bit more on the walkie talkie if your kids will be using them more frequently. If you travel a lot with your kids, walkie talkies will come very handy as it will give your kids the freedom to roam around while helping you stay connected.
Features To Look In For the Walkie Talkies
You may be overwhelmed with the technology that is exploding the market. So when shopping for the best walkie talkie for kids, make sure to keep it simple. Without worrying about the questionable apps and media influence, get your hands on a practical walkie-talkie.
Kids love to bang their toys against the wall or floor. Therefore it's no secret that they are really hard on their toys. So whether they will be using the walkie-talkie indoors or outdoors, it will be dropped, stepped on yet will be a loved toy.
Therefore, make sure to look for the one which can easily stand the rough and tumble play. Nowadays, companies are coming up with high-quality walkie talkies which are often marketed as durable.
Another important factor that must be kept in mind while shopping for kids walkie talkie is the size of the product. Some walkie talkies are too large for a child to use them comfortably. Therefore, make sure to buy small walkie-talkies as they provide better control and will be easy to use. The bulky version will make it a difficult task to handle them.
Walkie-talkies generally use the standard AA or the AAA batteries and the technological advancement allow the devices to use renewable long lasting chargeable cells that have impressive battery life.
The general rule is the longer the range, better would it be. Different models come with different distance coverage; however, you must pick up the one that can easily cover a large area of terrain. Some of the best long range walkie talkie for kids can cover more than 100 miles away.
These were some of the best walkie talkie for kids available in the market. Out of the listed walkie-talkies, Retevis RT-628 Walkie Talkie is the best. It is perfect for small kids who are just starting out with the device. Moreover, the 22 FRS frequency is proven to be child and family oriented. So, before you choose, make sure you know your requirements well.
Also, walkie talkie is not the only toy that children can enjoy. How about let them play with air hockey table and electronic dart board? Click the link to read an in-depth review that we have for you.