10 Best Baby Pack and Play for Nursery (Also ft. Best Portable Playpen for Travel Use)
Playards or sometimes refer as Pack n Play are regular baby furniture found in the homes of parents with babies or children. Today, the best baby pack and play or playard have been transfigured to offer better functionality than just a confined baby space.
If you’re not too acquainted with the term, playards used to be popularly known “playpens.” Does that ring a bell now? There’s a good chance your parents had a playpen for you during your growing up years too. Only the name of the playpen has changed, but its usefulness lives on.
Toggle For Table Of Content
The 5 Best Travel Pack n Play Models
Since the baby pack and play is intended for parents wishing to travel with babies, we found the following models are the best portable playpen due to it travel-friendly features. All the models are very easy to setup and keep as well as lightweight which is very suitable to use for traveling.
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $75 / $$ = $76 - $150 / $$$ = $151 - $250 / $$$$ = $251 - $350 / $$$$$ = $351 - $500)
Other Worth Considering Best Baby Pack and Play
Following is the list of other worthy baby pack and plays for your consideration.
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $75 / $$ = $76 - $150 / $$$ = $151 - $250 / $$$$ = $251 - $350 / $$$$$ = $351 - $500 / $$$$$$ = Above $500)
At What Age Can Your Baby Use a Baby Pack and Play?
The functions of the playard grow with your child. The useful economic life span would be from the newborn stage up until your child is 3 years old. Also, nowadays the modern brands of pack and plays have come with more features compared to the old models.
What Are the Main Features of The Baby Pack and Play?
Some say that playpens are no longer useful, even insinuating that not so hands-on parents use it. Critics add that the gear restricts baby movements and inhibits your child to explore the environment. The concerns are valid is they are referring to the older models, and those pack and play is not the best playpen for a toddler anyway.
Depending on what model you select, this practical baby gear can double as a bassinet, a portable crib, a diaper changing station, and a safe play space.
Substitute bed space
Baby playards are handy alternatives for cribs and bassinets. Most playards also have comfortable and supportive mattresses comparable to a crib mattress. It’s almost perfect for young babies and toddlers to take naps or sleep on at night
Lightweight and easy to pack
Unlike the traditional playpen that is usually heavy and immobile, many of the modern baby pack and play models are lightweight and easy to fold up.
Some of the top-rated pack and play models are not limited for home use but ideal to bring during travel time. If you need to go out of town with your baby, there is less worry about the sleep environment. It won’t change or alter sleeping routine and comfort is guaranteed too no matter where you are traveling.
Secure play area
Contrary to what detractors are saying about playpens, the pack and play will allow your baby to experience controlled independence and freedom of movement. The baby pack and play are also an excellent gear for outdoor fun or to provide security when you need to take your child along in any room of the house that is not baby-proofed.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
October 3, 2015
December 5, 2015
December 25, 2015
January 27, 2016
Safety Tips on The Proper Use
Here are safety tips to serve as your guide while using the baby pack and play:
- The first order of the day is to read and follow all safety precautions listed in the owner’s manual and on the playard. It won’t hurt to follow the manufacturer’s detailed instructions for assembly and setting up.
- Be sure to double-check that all hinges and latches are locked and firmly in place.
- Before using, check too if all top rails and the center floor are locked in position including the floor pad. Never put your baby in a playard with the sides down.
- Do not leave your child unattended for long periods thinking that his or her safety is guaranteed. Use the playard as a safety net in case you need to do a task momentarily.
- If you leave your baby in the playard, be sure it is nearby or within your sight.
- Don't attempt to move the play yard with your baby in it.
- Refrain from using the playard once your baby has reached the recommended height and weight limits which are usually 35 inches and about 30 pounds.
- The pack and play are designed to accommodate only one baby.
- Do not place the playard near sources of heat such as fireplaces, stoves, and other fire hazards.
- Finally, by the name pack and play, do not use the playard as a ‘punishment’ area if your baby is in a fretful or distraught mood. It’s supposed to be fun or rest time and not jail time.
The Top 3 Best Baby Pack and Play Reviews
Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard
- The Lotus Travel Crib is the hands down choice as the best among the playards if you’re looking for a super compact, portable and the lightweight travel crib. This top-rated product is a straight-up crib with no frills. There are only 3 components: a pre-assembled foldable frame & crib fabric cover, a crib mattress and a backpack case.
- It’s regarded as an ‘everywhere’ crib. It is light enough to easily move around the house, bring anywhere as a pseudo travel system. The setup of the playard is also done in a breeze.
- There is an emphasis on safety as the product has Greenguard Gold standard certification. You’ll be assured of the non-presence of PVC, Phthalates, Lead, flame retardants and heavy metals.
- The ClearView Mesh is a salient feature because it provides an open, breathable environment down to the mattress. You’ll always have a clear view of your baby and airflow is never unobstructed.
- What most parents love about this product is that it's stress-free to take and hassle-free to set-up. Since the playard packs into a backpack, you can bring your baby to more places for overnight trips and vacation time.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '10 Best Baby Pack and Play for Nursery (Also ft. Best Portable Playpen for Travel Use).'
4moms Breeze Play Yard
- The 4moms Breeze Portable Play Yard is a high-end travel crib and the most expensive in the lot. However, the full features it carries justify the price tag.
- This well-engineered baby pack and play feature a modern design paired with high-quality construction, full mesh sidewalls, and a very stable structure to enhance safety. An easy to set-up bassinet complete the accessories.
- The high-quality travel crib is also the largest of the bunch but surprisingly very easy to operate given its’ amazing one-step opening and closing feature. The only drawback is that it is heavy and bulky for frequent travel. Some parents see it as the perfect back up crib that can be set up at a fixed location.
- The soft, accordion fold mattress and the spacious interior are the top features of this pack and play. Your baby will have plenty of room to move about and play. The extra space and elevated base make the crib excellent for larger toddlers.
Rating / Grade
Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
- This Fisher-Price play yard and sleeper combo is another top choice if you’re looking to travel frequently with your baby. It is very compact and lightweight which makes it very easy to move from room to room or bring to wherever you want to be.
- It sets up in a breeze with no assistance or tools necessary since there are no bulky or heavy pieces to work on. For packing, it folds flat when taken apart and fits well in the travel bag.
- Other feature includes a handy changing pad which is a travel necessity for every mom. There is also no assembly required for the changing pad. You can just fold it after use then stored in the side pocket.
- The attachable sleeper is equally easy to assemble and remove. You just snap it onto the top of the play yard in the four corners, and it became a bassinet. However, the sleeper is suited only for an infant or baby who can’t roll over.
- Regarding padding protection, the mattress is relatively the thinner compared to regular mattresses. It would be safer to place your baby on the main play yard area for naps and sleep.
- On the overall, this pack and play is an item that can be used in multiple ways especially during travel. It essentially lessens your load as all the pieces fit snugly into the accompanying travel bag. This model is the best pack and play with bassinet as an accessory.
Rating / Grade
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the baby pack and play for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Lotus, 4Moms and Fisher Price are the best baby playard brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard, 4moms Breeze Play Yard and Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these baby playards a good buy too.
Safe and Sound
The best baby pack and play will literally allow you to bring your baby’s bed away from home without the worry of altering a familiar sleeping environment. Unlike the larger cribs which are actually stationed in a fixed location, pack-n-plays can easily be assembled, dismantled, and fit into a travel bag. It’s the definitive solution if you desire a dependable, transportable, and comfortable bed and play space for your baby.