The 11 Best Baby Shoes for The Healthy Development of Little Feet
One of the most awaited milestones in a baby’s development is the walking stage. The period of 9 to 12 months is exciting because you can expect your baby to take her first steps. And, it is also important to prepare the best baby shoes that can provide sufficient protection to their fragile feet.
In no time, your baby would be gaining more mobility. She’d be pulling up, making an effort to stand up and attempting to walk more. So, in this post, we will look into what is the criteria of the best walking shoes for baby and what are the best toddler shoes suitable for toddlers.
Toggle For Table Of Content
List of best baby shoes
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $25 / $$ = $26 - $50 / $$$ = $51 - $100 / $$$$ = $101 - $150 / $$$$$ = $151 - $200)
When Should Babies Start Wearing Shoes?
Try to contain your excitement and hold off the idea of baby shoes in the meantime. Your baby will go through the learning to walk process. She will need your assistance at first until you can let her go. Nothing is as exciting as watching your baby take her first steps on her own and in a wobbly fashion.
Let your child go barefoot while learning to walk without help. It will also allow the natural development of her feet. Going barefoot and feeling the ground beneath is a magnificent experience. Gradually she’d be developing balance and coordination.
After clearing the learning curve, your baby will be walking steadier with enhanced self-confidence. The next adventure would be the outdoors. The time is ripe to consider buying her first pair of baby shoes.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
What Are the Criteria When Buying Baby Shoes?
Do you remember the time you were carrying your baby in your tummy? Looking for the ideal baby shoes is just like looking for the best pregnancy shoes. There are particular features you should not miss out on.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has listed recommendations to serve as your guide to find the ideal shoes for babies. Pick out the shoes that are helpful and not detrimental to your baby’s precious little feet.
- Lightweight and flexible made to support natural foot movement.
- Made from leather for breathability and comfort.
- Allows babies to learn to walk without arch support.
The Basic Features
When you're searching for the best walking shoes for baby, be mindful of the following:
Breathable and lightweight material
The first criterion is that the materials should be breathable and lightweight, whether they’re for pre-walking or walking. Leather, cloth, and canvas are breathable materials. Leave plastic out.
Flexible and non-slip soles
Check if you can bend the toe of the shoe up to about 40 degrees with ease. That should indicate excellent flexibility. To keep your baby on her feet, inspect the shoe for good traction. Your objective is to prevent your child from slipping as she develops better walking proficiency. Therefore, non-skid leather or rubber soles would do just that.
Padding and protection
The ideal walking shoe you are looking for should provide firm support with ample paddings at the back of the heels and around the ankles to minimize rubbing. The bottom inside should have comfortable pads too.
The best baby shoes should stay on regardless of the wiggling and frenzied movements of your child. The key is in the laces, snaps, or elastic bands that prevent the shoe from flying off. Check if the shoes are easy to put on but not so easy to come loose on their own. Slip-on shoes are not recommended.
Be sure to pick the appropriate shoe size for your baby. There is a tendency to buy baby shoes which are a size or two bigger. A baby’s feet do grow fast, but one of the reasons why shoes come off on their own is because of the wrong size.
Baby shoe sizes vary and are available for infants to toddlers. For good measure, take your baby along to the shoe store. It’s better to see too how your baby would to react to a particular shoe during fitting.
The Top 3 Best Baby Shoes Reviews
Stride Rite Soft Motion Kellen Sneaker
- The Stride Rite Motion Keller Sneaker is perhaps the coolest, stylish, and cushiony pair of shoes your baby would love to wear.
- This shoe and sneaker combo has a premium leather lining for breathability and memory foam insole for utmost comfort. The lining is also anti-microbial treated to reduce odor.
- The ideal walking shoes for babies learning to walk and the everyday footwear for elder toddlers on the move. The flexible soles encourage a natural movement that kids can move freely.
- The sneakers have rounded soles to improve balance and lessen falls or stumbles. With the wide openings, your kid won’t feel distressed putting them on. It’s like barefoot walking.
- You can use the adjustable, alternative closure with hook and loop to keep the sneakers in place and prevent them from flying off.
- This breathable, lightweight and flexible footwear is up to the task in whatever activity your child does – walking, crawling, running, jumping, leaping, or just plain exploration. No wonder it’s the best toddler shoes as chosen by many parents.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for 'The 11 Best Baby Shoes for The Healthy Development of Little Feet'
Robeez Friends Wrap-Around Crib Shoe
- The Robeez Friends Wrap Around baby shoes feature a nonslip suede sole and animal-themed applique on the toes. The rhino split between the shoes and the full figure forms when your baby puts both feet together. The rhino’s bird pal adorns the rear.
- Animal themed shoes will definitely appeal to kids. It is this natural tendency that you won’t have difficulty convincing your child to wear this wrap around shoes. And, once your child outgrows the shoe, you can consider bronzing it for a keepsake.
- The shoes flex and bend because of the soft sole design while the non-slip suede outsole protects your child from slipping.
- The elasticized ankle band, a distinct feature, ensures a snug fit and keeps them secure on your baby's tootsies. When worn, it mimics bare feet, so your child won’t feel restricted at all.
- These high-quality leather shoes are best for indoor and light outdoor activities. The footwear carries a Seal of Acceptance from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Rating / Grade
BirdRock Baby Moccasins - Soft Sole Leather for Infants, Babies and Toddlers
- The BirdRock Baby Moccasins ranks high in the category of baby shoes. It is made of 100% genuine leather which makes it an excellent choice, value for money.
- This soft leather baby shoe is lightweight with flexible soles to promote natural foot movement and development. These are the essential features found in the best baby shoes.
- This childhood gem can be worn by a first-walker, an older baby, and an adventurous toddler. There are 20 styles to choose from, each in 6 different sizes (infants to pre-schooler). It comes with a cloth bag to keep the moccasins when not in use.
- The moccasins are easy to put on and take off. The material stretches just enough when putting on the shoes then stays perfectly fitted to the ankles. Your baby will feel like walking barefoot. The sole is not thick so she can still feel the ground and surface. You won’t have problems keeping them on because of the elastic band.
- The BirdRock Baby moccasins meet all the basic features of the ideal baby shoes - lightweight and flexible to support natural foot movement, made of genuine leather for breathability and comfort and allows a novice walker better mobility without arch support.
Rating / Grade
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best baby shoes for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Stride Rite, Robeez and BirdRock are the best baby shoe brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Stride Rite Motion Sneaker, Robeez Friends Wrap-Around Crib Shoes and BirdRock Baby Moccasins score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these baby shoes a good buy too.
Besides being the closest thing to going barefoot, the baby shoes are an essential part of the healthy development of little feet. That is why shopping for baby shoes is not a trivial matter. Although searching for the best baby shoes takes time but selecting the right one will help your child develop balance, coordination, and most importantly correct posture.