8 Best Maternity Compression Stockings – Say Bye-Bye to Varicose Veins
Pregnancy is a delightful experience for women in general. However, expectant moms have to contend with the discomforts and anxiety that come with the territory. One of the conditions that creates much anxiety is the development of swollen varicose veins that if left unattended, will cause serious health problems. The best maternity compression stockings were made to be the saving grace of pregnant women in agony..
Toggle For Table Of Content
Compression therapy is widespread nowadays for overstrained legs which are predominant in athletes, travelers, nursing mothers and pregnant women. Compression socks have demonstrated its ability to deal with swollen varicose veins and leg cramps particularly for women in the family way.
Is There a Need for Compression Therapy?
When you reach the second trimester of pregnancy, the excess tummy baggage hampers your mobility because of the intolerable pain in the back and legs.
Examine your legs and feet. Do you see swelling in both? By this time, the appearance is a far cry from the pre-pregnancy look. The shape is unsightly, and the bloating is apparent.
- Look closely. Do you see blue lines running across your legs and feet? The blue lines are your varicose veins or sometimes called spider veins. When the lines are visible, it means your baby’s weight is already taking its toll.
- Do you have a feeling of heavy legs and an achy throbbing after hours of standing and walking upright? Varicose veins are enlarged veins brought about by the heavy pressure on your lower body.
- In some pregnancy cases, varicose veins are symptoms of poor blood circulation that would require self-care measures or prompt medical attention for severe vein swelling.
- If you have a known family history of varicose veins or you already have them before pregnancy, then take the necessary precautions to prevent aggravating the condition.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
April 14, 2017
How to Deal with Varicose Veins?
Before going straight to compression therapy, there are some home remedies you can do to treat varicose veins, cramps, and even swollen ankles, feet, and fingers.
- Avoid prolonged hours of standing or walking or do it in measured time intervals.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed so as not to impede blood flow.
- While it is difficult during pregnancy, regulate your food intake so as not to gain so much weight. The consequence is increased pressure on your lower body.
- Sit with your legs up or place them on top of a footrest for better blood circulation.
- Practice sleeping with your legs in an elevated position by placing pillows under your ankles. The purpose is to prevent blood concentration in the feet and legs areas.
- Perform or do leg exercises and regular walking trips but refrain from doing strenuous activities that would lead to exhaustion. There are other pre-birth exercises you can consider to stay in shape and healthy while pregnant.
- Consider wearing maternity support stockings to care for your weary and stressed leg muscles. With these specialized socks, expect smooth blood flow and unhindered circulation while relieving the varicose veins and swelling.
Benefits of Compression Therapy
Pregnant women stand the risk of suffering from Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). This condition is brought about by increased blood volume close to the full term of pregnancy. The risk may persist up to the post-partum period until your hormonal levels revert to your pre-pregnancy state.
Many moms-to-be are finding the importance of compression therapy during pregnancy. The compression socks for pregnancy bring straight-away relief and significantly reduce the strain on the body.
- Helps to prevent varicose veins from developing by pumping blood flowing into your legs right back to your heart.
- Gradient compression improves blood circulation in your legs, which deters blood clots while simultaneously reducing fatigue.
- Pregnancy socks with gradient compression apply the most pressure starting from the ankles and decrease moving up to the legs.
- It’s the simplest therapy to keep your legs healthy and invigorated. Compression lessens the swelling and pain if you need to be on your feet a little longer.
- Most notable about the maternity socks is the compression garment or material used. They are safe for pregnant women to wear.
The Best Maternity Compression Stockings
Physix Gear Sport Compression Socks for Maternity and Pregnancy
- This compression sock by Physix Gear is designed to be wider at the top compared to the ankle area. The design makes it easier to put on and wear. The sock length comes up to the bottom of the knee cap to give ample support to the feet and legs.
- The compression material won’t pinch nor slip down the legs. It embraces the legs firmly to reduce inflammation. You can see the visible effects without the socks.
- The nylon fabric absorbs moisture fairly well and durable to remain snug even with frequent washing. It’s very comfortable for all-day use.
- The most favorite compression stocking brand among sportsmen and pregnant women. The compression sock by Physix Gear is the best maternity compression stocking among the rest as it has tons of excellent rating and score highly on overall customer satisfaction.
Rating / Grade
NEWZILL Sports, Maternity and Flight Travel Compression Socks
- This medium-sized (20-30mmHG) are easy to take on/off graduated compression stockings. It will not hurt or leave red rings on your legs. You can sense steady blood circulation.
- These colorful socks have a comfortable thickness and won’t easily torn up and open holes in the toe and heel regions like thin socks would. The material protects your legs from tiny scratches and small abrasions as well.
- The socks are recommended to hand wash and made for longer use with no problems of slipping or bunching.
- Patented Clima-Pro system allows for high breathability, reliable temperature control and the prevention of odor formation.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '8 Best Maternity Compression Stockings – Say Bye-Bye to Varicose Veins.'
SB SOX Compression Socks (20-30mmHg)
- This premium compression sock brand reinforces the toe and heel areas. It is slightly thicker because of the added cushion yet it does not tear or snag.
- Ideal for everyday use, running, and pregnancy.
- Compared to others, the socks go higher up the legs and leaves little room in the foot area. You can move freely, and joints remain flexible.
- If you feel uncomfortable wearing them during the day, the socks can be an all-nighter instead. It gives the same relief to reduce the swelling and relieve the stressed muscles.
Rating / Grade
Other Best Compression Socks for Pregnancy
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, please click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $10 / $$ = $11 - $25 / $$$ = $26 - $50 / $$$$ = $51 - $75 / $$$$$ = $76 - $100 / $$$$$$ = Above $100)
How to Easily Wear a Compression Socks
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best compression socks for pregnancy. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we would say that Physix Gear, NEWZILL, and SB SOX are the best maternity compression stockings brands. All their compression socks come with stylish design and vibrant color selection.
Also, Physix Gear and NEWZILL score favorably for the ratings as well as the net customer satisfaction grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find their maternity compression stockings a good buy too.
No More Swollen Veins
There is no need to agonize over swelling or varicose veins during pregnancy if you can save yourself from the aches and pains. The best compression maternity stockings are the jewels in a long list of products intended to lighten the anxieties of pregnant women. Make the waiting game worthwhile because you deserve to sparkle in anticipation of the coming baby.