Step Up with the 7 Best Pregnancy Shoes – So Comfortable and Stylish Too
Pregnancy brings a lot of physical changes to the female anatomy. It’s a head-to-toe alteration for nine months which sometimes become lasting and permanent. If you are pregnant, you will notice that even your feet will increase in size as a result of pregnancy weight gain. Your feet and ankles are subjected to pressure because of the added weight. Walking and standing are discomforting that relief can only come if you wear the best pregnancy shoes.
There are no ‘certified’ maternity shoes although there are foot wears that offer relaxing comfort for pregnant women. Aside from the swollen belly, you need to contend with the swollen legs and feet that moving around is difficult if not painful.
Toggle For Table Of Content
What Are The Foot Changes During Pregnancy?
Increase in Size
During pregnancy, the noticeable changes are in the foot length, width and arch height. Fluid and tissue accumulate in the lower extremities of your body. The inclusive effect of this is an increase in volume.
The laxity of the ligaments also occurs due to the hormonal changes, and therefore the tendency is to increase in length and width. Your arch height decreases and becomes flatter.
Suddenly your shoes feel tighter or difficult to wear. Such feet changes are prevalent in first-time moms-to-be but less evident in succeeding pregnancies.
While these changes tend to return to normal in post-pregnancy, the changes in the shape of the foot are permanent which will require you to change your shoes in the rack altogether.
You can expect loose joints of the foot and ankle during pregnancy. Loose joints in the area are perilous because it can affect your sense of balance.
Weight gain worsens your instability. Your walking agility suffers going into the latter stages of pregnancy and maintaining balance becomes a laborious thing.
You will also experience pain in your calf due to swelling and cramping. The pain intensifies when swelling is pronounced. Your blood flow, on its return trip to the heart from your legs, slows down due to the increased size of the uterus and fetus.
The build-up of fluid in the legs is inevitable. Perhaps with the aid of compression stockings, the swelling can be reduced. Click on the link and check out the 8 best maternity compression stockings to use during pregnancy.
Low-intensity exercises and regular walking and during your pregnancy will moderate the swelling too.
Stretch your calf frequently and remain hydrated to help reduce the symptoms. Try massaging the area for added relief. And, wearing a pair of the best pregnancy shoes featured below will make your walking so much comfortable during your pregnancy.
What Are the Qualities of Shoes Suitable for Pregnancy?
It would be best to anticipate the changes in your feet if you are pregnant. Look for these qualities in choosing the fit and comfortable shoe to wear.
1. Ease in Wearing
Wearing the shoe should not add to your pregnancy stress. It’s a herculean task for pregnant ladies to bend over, reach out and put on the shoes.
The best shoes for pregnancy should be easily worn and can be put on without having to bend down. Slip on shoes without laces are popular choices of many pregnant women.
2. Extra Support
Every step a woman deep into the pregnancy stage feels like your ankle is grinding into your foot. It means your shoe is not providing total support. With the extra baby weight, your joints are going to be under more stress than normal.
Choose a shoe with complete ankle and arch support to reduce joint pains due with walking. The best supportive shoes for pregnancy is out there.
3. Extra Space
Do not be in a rush to buy shoes in the early months of your pregnancy. The feet changes will happen when your feet and ankles start showing symptoms of swelling.
In all probability, they will swell. As your pregnancy advance, shoes that once fit you are now like baby shoes. It’s a futile attempt to squeeze your foot inside.
Leave extra room in the shoes and choose a half or full size larger depending on your assessment. The additional space will guarantee comfort when the swelling suddenly begins.
Choose the shoes that would allow you to remain standing for extended periods and not cause your foot to fatigue easily.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
The Top 3 Best Pregnancy Shoes
Easy Spirit Women's Traveltime Mule
- The top pick is an excellent slip-on-and-go shoe for pregnant women. You will love the ease by which you put it on. It’s perfect for almost anything even after pregnancy.
- The TravelTime Mule has good, supportive insoles and a comfortable foot bed. You can wear for longer periods of standing and walking around. The sole is so flexible that you won’t worry about a heel spur.
- The shoe is lightweight that you won’t feel the stress. There are no laces or Velcro strips that can be stressful for pregnant women. Cleaning them is a breeze too.
- The shoes are breathable that lends a soothing feeling. What’s best is that the rubber soles give full support to your feet, calf, and ankles as it can absorb shocks.
- The Traveltime Mule also gains a lot of good rating and has many satisfy buyers. It’s the best supportive shoes for pregnancy.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for 'Step Up with the 7 Best Pregnancy Shoes – So Comfortable & Stylish Too.'
Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 3 Slip-On Walking Shoe
- This everyday footwear is superb for pregnant ladies. It is also a good choice to relieve seniors from arthritis, osteoporosis or even a knee replacement patient.
- These are light-weight shoes and easy to put on and off. The soft synthetic and flexible soles give comfort, and the stitching is detailed which is a mark of quality.
- The shoe sizes are a tad smaller than usual, so it would be ideal to pick a pair that is a size larger than your regular shoes. The material is breathable, and with extra space, it enhances your comfort.
Rating / Grade
Sanuk Women's Donna Hemp Flat
- The flats will always be the go to maternity shoes. It easily slips on, and you won’t have bending issues. The Sanuk flats give ample ankle support too.
- The shoe is made of hemp material with frayed seams and breathable grommets for that relaxed feeling. It has a wide toe box for added comfort.
- The hemp material looks rough but is super soft. The cushy insole is an advantage if you are walking a lot, and favorable in the later months of your pregnancy.
- The only downside is the lack of ankle support. Be careful in choosing the size as the hemp is stretchable and the tendency for the shoe opening to widen after constant use.
Rating / Grade
Other Worth Considering Best Pregnancy Shoes
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $25 / $$ = $26 - $50 / $$$ = $51 - $100 / $$$$ = $101 - $150 / $$$$$ = $151 - $200 / $$$$$$ = Above $200)
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best pregnancy shoes for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Easy Spirit, Skechers and Sanuk are the best pregnancy footwear brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Easy Spirit Women's Traveltime Mule, Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk Slip-On Walking Shoe and Sanuk Women's Donna Hemp Flat score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these pregnancy shoes a good buy too.
Women need to learn more about foot health during the delicate months of pregnancy. The pain arising from the physical and hormonal changes occurring can be unbearable. Your feet, in particular, carry the entire burden.
However, you can counter the discomfort in every pressure point with the best pregnancy shoes. You can step up and resume the eager anticipation of your baby’s coming without the uneasiness.