The 4 Best at Home Fetal Doppler (Reduce Anxiety During Your Pregnancy)
Hearing a sign of life, every day for that matter is enough reassurance everything is well with the baby. Thanks to modern technology, gadgets nowadays can let you listen to your baby heart beat at your comfort of your home. In this post, we will discuss the advantage of owning a home fetal doppler, which one is the best at home fetal doppler and some useful tips.
The Advantages of Owning a Home Fetal Doppler
Expectant parents or first-time mothers undergo pressure when the baby bump is expanding during the months of pregnancy. The tension emanates from inside the womb and to know your baby is doing well inside does help to reduce anxiety and stress.
Here are the advantages of owning a home fetal doppler:
- Reduce anxiety
Whenever you want to hear your baby’s heartbeat, a dynamic doppler will come in handy. For couples who experienced complications with the wife’s earlier pregnancy or the case of high-risk pregnancy, this device will lessen anxiety immensely.
- Listening pleasure
Every time you hear the baby’s heartbeat, it is always an enjoyable moment. Not only will you listen to the beating of the tiniest of hearts but also detect the baby’s movements inside the tummy. Such a comforting pleasure for the mother when she knows her baby is active and kicking.
- Bonding during pregnancy
A mother’s instinct is never lost with this handheld ultrasound device. There is a unique bonding experience with the baby at this early stage. Even bonding with the father and siblings through sound waves is such a momentous occasion. The excitement build-up and heightened anticipation leading to the delivery date becomes a family affair.
- In the comfort of home
The best fetal doppler works just like the traditional stethoscope. It is useful for monitoring the baby’s heartbeat in-between medical check-ups. Apart from the ease of handling, the convenience of having this companion at home just to make sure the little angel inside the womb is active and safe.
Some Careful Tips
Knowing how an ultrasound monitor can be a helpful companion at home, there are certain things you need to know too before buying a fetal heart monitor:
- Find out first and check if the device you intend to purchase is FDA approved. The best at home fetal Doppler ultrasound monitor is classified as a class II device and therefore falls under FDA’s regulation.
- Inform and seek your doctor’s prior approval before buying the product.
- Manage your expectations and know that the medical grade of the device is not comparable to those used at the medical clinics or hospitals.
- Follow the instructions for use strictly. As suggested by the FDA, this ultrasound device should be used in moderation and not for extended hours or as you desire. A ten-minute use would be sufficient.
- Doctors warn too of the possibility of overlooking some signs of distress while using the device. Limit its function to its main purpose and avoid over-reliance on the product.
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for 'The 6 Best at Home Fetal Doppler (Reduce Anxiety During Your Pregnancy)'
The Best at Home Fetal Doppler
If you went to online shopping website like the Amazon, you would find that there are hundreds of dopplers listing but how do we tell which one is the best at home fetal doppler? Because of this, we have screen through hundreds of fetal dopplers but to find limited models that are considering.
Since the customer reviews are limited in this product category, the review below will focus on the top 2 brands. However, it doesn’t mean the other brands are not as efficient.
Wusic Heartbeat Baby Monitor
- This product garnered the most number of reviews among the other and rated as the best-seller.
- This Doppler also has the highest Net Customer Satisfaction grade compare to other models.
- The main selling point is you can hear the baby’s heartbeat, kicks, and other movements.
- The product package includes two sets of ear buds which were intended for both parents to enjoy.
- The device is compact, lightweight and easy to operate.
- It runs on a 9-volt alkaline battery (included) and with a volume adjuster.
- For an added timeless keepsake, the baby sounds can be recorded and uploaded to your laptop or computer and share with your loved ones.
- A lubricating gel is not included in the package. But the liberal use of the clear gel (Aloe Vera, KY, and other related gels), not the colored ones or lotion, is recommended to diminish the static effect resulting from moving the monitor around the belly area. Or you can opt for the Spectra 360 electrode gel which is non-irritating, hypoallergenic, bacteriostatic salt-free and no sodium ion transfer.
- While the product info states the device works best after the 4th month (16 weeks), the baby’s heartbeat can be heard in 9 ½ weeks and even before the prescribed 16th week.
- Once you are zoned in inside a quiet room, the sound is amazingly clearer.
- The device is not digital yet, but you can count the heartbeats if you so desire.
- One item that needs improvement is the headphone. A quality headphone would boost its quality to near perfect.
Rating / Grade
Heartbeat Baby Monitor by Medi-K
- Just like the top gizmo, this second best is safe and non-invasive.
- The product has the same features as the first and works with the same effectiveness.
- To eliminate static noises, baby oil works best instead of gel or lotion.
- Similar instances of early heartbeat detection were reported as early as 8 months and again before the 16 weeks period.
- Recording the sounds is also a remarkable feature for keep’s sake.
- The product also operates on a 9-volt battery, but a slight pitfall is the battery being too small to fit the slot.
Rating / Grade
Other Worth Considering Home Fetal Dopplers
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, please click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $50 / $$ = $51 - $100 / $$$ = $101 - $250 / $$$$ = $251 - $500 / $$$$$ = Above $501)
Always remember that even the best at home fetal doppler is not a replacement for regular pre-natal care by your licensed physician. The product was developed primarily for doctors to use. But since advances in technology continue to work wonders, more and more easy-to-use devices geared for use at home are forthcoming.
In the meantime, nothing can be more magical than hearing a baby’s heartbeat inside the womb. Life is indeed precious.
So, if we were to pick the best at home fetal doppler, we would go with the Wusic Heartbeat Baby Monitor due to its excellent features and easy to use. Not only that, this fetal doppler has a lot of good ratings, as well as many previous buyers, are satisfied with their purchases of this fetal doppler which I believe you would too!
Related Popular Posts
June 29, 2016
February 28, 2017
May 31, 2016
June 14, 2016