11 Best Facial Steamers For Home Use (Quick Buy Guide & Reviews)
Taking good care of your facial skin is extremely important for a number of reasons - it helps prevent premature aging signs, hydrates the skin, keeps it young and fresh. However, no skin care regimen is complete without facial steaming.
Facial steaming helps unclog the pores, get rid of dead cells, unwanted dirt and grime. Using the best facial steamer regularly helps get rid of whiteheads and blackheads. Therefore, if you want to open up the pores, reduce enlarged pores, and make the skin more receptive to skin care products, make sure to get yourself a facial steamer.
Toggle For Table Of Content
What is Facial Steamer?
A facial steamer is a cosmetic machine which releases hot water steam to open up the pores and hydrate skin. Since a majority of us are not blessed with naturally radiant flawless complexion, facial steamers come across as our ultimate survivor.
Also, the facial steamer is excellent to use is you need to remove blackheads and acne. The steamer helps to open up the pores and make the extraction easier and less damaging to your skin. In the medical industry, doctors uses a facial steamer to help with patients that have sinuses too.
Top 5 Best Facial Steamer Reviews
OKACHI GLIYA NanoSteamer
The OKACHI GLIYA NanoSteamer is one of the best facial steamers in general. This powerful tool produces steam in less than 30 seconds and comes with an advanced nano-ionic atomizer which makes sure that the flow of the steam is consistent.
Moreover, the OKACHI GLIYA NanoSteamer has a UV lamp which sterilizes and purifies the water. Thus, only purified water steam will reach your face. Apart from face steaming, the NanoSteamer also works as a humidifier and thus can easily be incorporated into the everyday beauty routine.
- PTC ceramic heating element which turns water into steam in less than 30 seconds
- Installed with UV lamp to sterilize the steam and kills germs
- Simple design and easy to use
- Doubles as a humidifier
- Silent operation
- Turns off automatically when the water is used up as a stream
- Some off-gassing during the first use
- On a slightly expensive side
- Can only be used with distilled and filtered water
Rating / Grade
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
February 16, 2018
February 9, 2018
January 17, 2018
January 10, 2018
January 3, 2018
Lavany Facial Steamer
BThis multifunctional device has a nanoionic steamer with adjustable nozzle for hot or cold steaming. It comes with a user-friendly design and dustproof nozzle cap to ensure a hygiene experience.
The stylish, sleek and compact design makes it one of the best steamers. It alternates between cold and hot steam to rejuvenate the skin. Moreover, you can add essential oil, fruits, hydrolats or dried flowers in the steamer for a richer experience.
- Use essential oil for relaxing steaming
- Constructed with user-friendly design
- 180 ml reservoir gives you the freedom to enjoy a longer stream
- The ultrafine nanoionic steam effectively penetrates into the skin
- The cold steam feature is not working as efficiently as the hot steam
Rating / Grade
3-in-1 Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer By Krasr
The Krasr 3-in-1 Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer doubles as a humidifier and as a towel warmer. This steamer has a large water tank for up to 20 minutes of steaming time. It also comes with 5 piece stainless steel blackhead extractor tools to achieve smooth glowing skin easily.
The tiny steam particles let out by the steamer penetrates the skin better than the regular steam thus promoting collagen production. It also improves blood circulation, cell vitality, and oxygen absorption.
- A large water tank
- 5 pieces stainless steel kit tools for blackhead extraction
- Long-running time of up to 20 minutes
- Can be used as towel warmer, facial steamer, and air humidifier
- Operates silently
- Works on nanotechnology
- No apparent cons.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '11 Best Facial Steamers For Home Use.' @baby_dot_dot
Sovereign Gear Handheld Facial and Garment Steamer
One of the best clothing steamers for home use and facial steamer, the Sovereign Gear handheld facial and garment steamer heats up fast, has huge capacity and is easy to use. It comes with 30 minutes of powerful steaming and is one of the longest running handheld garment and face steamer. Moreover, the extra long 8 ft power cord makes it easier to steam clothes, curtains and other hard to reach surfaces.
It comes with 2 power setting – normal power for delicate fabrics and beauty spa facials and high power for stubborn creases.
- Long steam approximately 30 minutes on a normal power
- Comes with 2 power settings
- 8 ft cord, which makes it easy to reach anywhere
- Can be used for ironing garments or facial steaming
- Comes with 3 versatile attachments – steamer, kettle lid or brush
- Users complain about the water spitting out from the sprout
- Does not come with a voltage transformer
Rating / Grade
Nano Mist Handheld Sprayer
The NOSAME Nano Mist Handheld Sprayer is one of the best hand held facial machines. It comes with upgraded nanospray technology that deeply replenishes the skin, has super fine and strong spray and is extremely convenient to carry around.
It can be used for a variety of purposes. From winter facial to sun skin repair and body replenishment, it can even be used to get relieved from a burn. Moreover, the nano-ion spray promotes nutrient absorption to make sure the skin stays young and beautiful.
- Ultra-fine particles quickly replenish the skin
- Improves skin elasticity
- Promotes nutrient absorption
- Easy to use and convenient to carry
- Rechargeable facial sprayer that can be used anywhere
- High capacity tank
- Cannot use with high viscous essential oil
- Needs to be regularly charged
Rating / Grade
Other Recommended Facial Steamers
From our finding, we can say that Okachi Gliya, Lavany and Krasr are the best facial steamer brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Okachi Gliya and Krasr steamer score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these two facial steamers a good buy too.
Home Facial Steamer vs. Professional Facial Steamer
Mini facial steamers are the most common type of home facial steamers. They are portable and are designed to be carried around conveniently. It can be used to steam face and neck avail multiple benefits.
Professional facial steamers come loaded with numerous features. These are the facial sauna machines which are generally found in a spa; however, some of them can even be used at home.
How Do Facial Steamers Work?
Facial steamer steam up distilled water and blow the hot steam or vapors to your face. You can even add essential oils or other facial oils to achieve extra benefit. Facial steamers for home use come with regulated temperate settings so that you don’t end up burning your delicate skin.
Are Facial Saunas Good or Bad?
- Facial steaming is good for people with acne prone skin or stubborn blackheads
- It helps the skin to absorb the ingredients in a much better manner
- Over steaming can cause dilation of blood vessels thus leading to increase inflammation
- Heat slowly breaks up collage strands and lead to droopy skin
Why Should You Use a Face Steamer?
Facial steaming has been used for the longest time; however, with the advancement of technology, the technique has dramatically improved.
Previously, people used to hold a towel in front of their face and lean over a steaming pot to receive the benefits. However, nowadays there are plenty of facial steamers available in the market that makes the job much easier.
Some of the key benefits are:
- It helps to cleanse the skin deeply
- It melts hardened sebum and makes it easy to remove whiteheads and blackheads
- Opens up the blocked pored to allow easier extraction of impurities
- It naturally deep cleanses the skin to make it glow from within
- Helps in getting rid of dead skin cells
- Humidify your skin and make you feel relaxed
- Improves absorption of face creams and other products
- It helps with allergies and patchy skin
- Deeply cleanses the skin while moisturizing it
- Helps with sinus problem in adults as well as kids
How to Choose the Right Facial Steamer
To write the facial steamer reviews, we have done some extensive research on the internet as look into the beauty advisor comments on forums. Here is the list of criteria you should consider when trying to pick up the best facial steamer.
Remember, bigger the chamber, longer will you get the steam. Therefore, try to get your hands on facial steamers that have a large capacity tank to enjoy the session without refilling it. However, most mini and portal model has a small water tank, though.
Quality of the steam is also worth checking. Facial steamers use a ceramic heating element with an ultrasonic vaporizer to produce superfine nano size steam. The skin can easily absorb the steam. Thus it is moisturized efficiently and quickly. Moreover, the flow of the steam should be smooth, uniform and strong.
While some face steamers take just 20 seconds to heat up the water, others may need a little more time. Therefore, if you are impatient and don’t want to wait for a long time, make sure you consider this factor while shopping.
Some cheaper facial steamers make a lot of noise as compared to others. While the sound does not impact the quality of the steam but it might be annoying to you. Therefore, if you want a steamer that stays silent, make sure you let the sales representative know about it before you zero on to a product.
Different Types of Facial Steamers
Some of the different types of facial steamers are:
Towel steamer for facials
The towel steamer for facials consists of two bath towels for spa-like comfort. The heating element gently warms the towel and maintains the temperature so that you have warm towels waiting for you after the shower.
Professional galvanic facial machine
The professional galvanic facial machine introduces water-soluble products into the skin and leaves the skin feeling refreshed. This machine for face treatment is commonly found in any professional beauty center.
The esthetician steamer, generally used in salons and spas, gently blows the steam over a person’s face for a few minutes to open up the facial pores.