8 Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin in Babies and Toddlers (Best Diapers for Diaper Rash)
As a parent, taking care of your baby is your number one priority and this includes caring for their skin. Some babies are very delicate and have reactions or irritations to certain chemicals. Because of this, we listed down the best diapers for sensitive skin which you can safely use for your baby.
In choosing the best diapers for diaper rash, we carefully considered parents’ review and baby’s comfort. Most of the diapers on our list are free from harmful chemicals that irritate the babies’ skin. Also, these are specially created for babies with sensitive skin to prevent getting more skin irritations.
Toggle For Table Of Content
List of Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $50 / $$ = $51 - $100 / $$$ = $101 -$150 / $$$$ = $151 - $200 / $$$$$ = $201 - $250 /$$$$$$ = Above $250)
What Type of Diaper is Best?
There are many kinds of diapers to choose from in the market. Using what’s best for you will be based on what’s important to you and what works for your baby.
In picking the best diapers for diaper rash, you may have considerations such as softness, absorbency, fragrance, eco-friendliness, or cost. And coming to a decision can take up many trials and errors.
Some diapers may have skin reactions on your baby’s bum, and if you find some issues with your current one, it’s probably time to switch.
It is best to use diapers that can prevent irritations, allergies, and rashes. These diapers are usually chemical-free to ensure your baby’s safety and comfort.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
August 10, 2017
November 9, 2016
November 11, 2016
Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin
Bambo Nature Premium Baby Diapers
- Environmentally-friendly to minimize non-biodegradable wastes. The brand promotes commitment to care for both children’s health and the environment.
- Awarded the Nordic Swan Eco-Label to certify that the product’s processes are 100% free from harmful substances.
- It also earned the Danish Asthma & Allergy Association Label to certify the diaper’s minimal risk of skin irritation and any allergic reactions. These are free from chlorine, dyes, inks, latex, perfumes, or any allergens.
- Labeled with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) because of its sustainable manufacturing process and materials used, that ensure chemical-free products. The diapers use pulp from sustainable forestry. In this process, more trees are planted than cut down.
- 100% hypoallergenic and has earned the Dermatologically-tested label. All materials in the production have been clinically-tested to ensure minimal skin irritation and allergy.
- Comes in different sizes to accommodate babies from newborn until toddler. It’s one of the best diapers for newborn boy and girl.
Rating / Grade
BabieB Bamboo Eco-Friendly Disposable Diapers Natural Hypoallergenic Silky Soft w/Wetness Indicator
- Made from FSC Certified bamboo grass fiber pulp, making it 93% compostable to minimize your environmental footprints.
- The diapers are anti-allergenic and made from organic materials. It is free from harmful chemicals that most disposable diapers contain such as fragrance, dyes, phthalates, and chlorine.
- The bamboo material makes it silky-soft, plush, and breathable for your baby’s bottom, preventing rashes and skin irritations.
- It has an excellent comfortable fit with its secure-fit freedom waistband and adjustable Velcro tape that you can adjust correctly to your child’s size.
- Its 360 dual leak guard protection feature effectively wicks away moisture and prevents leakage and blowouts to help risk of diaper rash as well.
- The 3-line wetness indicator will let you conveniently know when it’s time to change your baby’s diaper and avoid getting soaked in the nappy.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '8 Best Diapers for Sensitive Skin in Babies and Toddlers (Best Diapers for Diaper Rash)' @baby_dot_dot
Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers
- Made from high quality 100% biodegradable bamboo that is eco-friendly and safe for your baby.
- The bamboo material makes it silky soft yet strong and absorbent for your baby’s maximum comfort and protection.
- Its naturally made to be hypoallergenic and antibacterial to prevent diaper rash and allergic reactions on sensitive skin.
- It has a moisture wicking feature to keep your baby dry.
- The diapers have thermal regulating capabilities for comfort in hot or cold temperatures.
- The natural aloe liner on the diapers keeps your baby’s skin pure and soft as it nourishes the skin.
- The wetness indicator accurately changes color when wet, signaling when it’s time for a nappy change.
- Free from any harmful chemicals that can cause rashes.
Rating / Grade
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best diapers for sensitive skin for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Bambo Nature, BabieB and Andy Pandy are the best diapers for sensitive skin brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Bambo Nature Premium Baby Diapers, Bamboo Eco-Friendly Disposable Diapers and Andy Pandy Biodegradable Bamboo Disposable Diapers score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these diapers for sensitive skin a good buy too.
What Causes a Diaper Rash?
There are many different types of diaper rashes and it is common in babies. It most cases, it clears away on its own. Usually, it is caused by irritation, infection or allergy from the diaper itself.
The rash can last for a few days and it is important to determine what causes it so that the proper medication can be prescribed.
The most common prevention for diaper rash is to apply some nappy cream around the back and thigh area before wearing the diaper.
One of the best nappy cream that I love the most is the Moogoo Nappy Balm. The nappy balm has a smooth and non-oily feeling after applying it. The cream does an excellent job in keeping my baby’s skin smooth and dry even she is wearing a diaper for a long hour through the night.
Diaper Rash Care
Signs and symptoms
The most usual type of symptoms is irritant rashes that manifest upon contact with pee, poop, and sweat. Signs include soreness, red bumps, peeling, scaly skin, and irritability due to itching.
Infection can also cause rashes and can be visible through blisters, open sores, red bumps, or fluid seeping from red areas.
First-aid for diaper rash
Since diaper rashes are common, it doesn’t usually warrant a trip to the doctor. At the first sign of a rash, first-aid can be applied until it disappears. Here are things you can do to subside the symptoms.
- Wash your baby’s bum with lukewarm water during a diaper change
- Pat the skin dry and wipe after each diaper change. (Check out some of the best wipes for newborns and toddlers we have found. Also, babies don’t like cold wipes. Use a diaper wipe warmer to keep it warm instead.)
- Allow for more diaper-free time.
- Use disposable diapers. Or, use cloth training pants together with a cloth diaper disposable liners if needed.
- Apply diaper ointment that contains zinc oxide to subside the irritation such as Moogoo Nappy Balm.
When to seek medical care
- The rash doesn’t show signs of improvement after several days of home treatment.
- Blisters or open sores appear in the diaper area.
- Any signs of diarrhea accompanied by fever and dehydration
Diaper rash is very common in babies especially those with sensitive skin. And it is easy to prevent if your baby uses the best diapers for sensitive skin. So, we came up with a list to help you decide which diapers to choose from. These best diapers for diaper rash are made from natural materials that keep your baby’s bum dry and safe.
In using diapers, babies can have different reactions and it is important to apply initial diaper rash care at the first signs of irritation. Most symptoms go away in days and the diapers on our list can be used continually. With the hypoallergenic properties of the diapers we included on our list, you are sure that your baby’s bum is rash-free.