7 Best Toddler Travel Beds for Your Child to Sleep Comfortably at Anywhere
If you travel a lot with your baby, it’s important to have a toddler travel bed with you all the time. It’s uncomfortable for children to sleep without a proper bed. Therefore, bringing the travel toddler bed is an essential provision for the traveling family. In this article, we will look into the benefits of using a toddler travel bed, quick tips and guide as well as the best toddler travel bed to buy.
Interestingly, the tag attached to the name is not merely for travel. There are many practical uses of the travel bed at home and elsewhere.
Toggle For Table Of Content
The Benefit of a Toddler Travel Bed?
The roots of the travel bed may be traced back to the mattresses which served as alternatives to the patented steel coil spring beds. While the original beds are the ideal bedsteads for sleeping comfort, they are considered as furniture in the bedroom. So what exactly is the usefulness of this so-called travel bed for the toddler?
- The bed, as it is named, is for toddlers traveling with parents or family away from home.
- They are portable, and lightweight bedding complements that you can bring anywhere when you have a toddler in tow.
- It is not an apparatus that can cover a lot of space in the bedroom, hotel room or even inside tents during camping escapades.
- Bringing the bed in your car is not a problem because it is easy to pack.
- Setting it up before bedtime is just as easy with no hassle.
- Some parents find the use of travel beds in the home as great hacks for kids. The bed is ideal for morning and afternoon naps at anywhere you want.
- The handy beds are perfect transition cots from the crib. It is best positioned beside the parents’ bed when your toddler is not yet ready to move to his bedroom and jump into a regular bed.
- Toddlers will never outgrow travel beds since they are great props for sleep-overs with friends. Even parents can get a kick sleeping in them with their little ones.
- Finally, parents of babies or toddlers with ‘special needs’ are finding great use of the travel bed for toddlers. The bed can be placed close by in any room or area within the home. There is less worry watching over the toddler while resting or sleeping.
Consideration When Buying a Toddler Travel Bed
While looking for the best pack and plays bed (a.k.a for toddler travel bed) for children, do keep in mind that you are looking for a light-weight traveling companion for your toddler. The travel bed should be easy for you and comfortable for your kid. The differences in form and shape are not much, but the essential components should be present.
To make up the best toddler travel bed, it should be:
- Easy set-up
Why bother purchasing a travel cot for your toddler when setting it up takes so much effort and time? That is your consideration. Request the store rep to show the assembly and packing techniques. It should be as effortless as you would have imagined.
Besides the stress-free set-up techniques, check the travel bed to see if it is durable and how capable it is to carry the weight of your toddler. For example, all the best baby travel bed featured below is suited for babies and toddlers up to 6 years old.
Better to find the make or fabric of the bed should be free of any harmful elements. For example, to make the mattress fire resistant, a layer of fire-resistant substance is applied as a coating. This layer of coating can be damaging to delicate toddler skin. Some toddlers developed rashes from using this kind of beds.
- Packing & Storage
Another consideration is the packing and storage expediency. When packed, it becomes backpacks disguised as toddler beds. It would be nice if the product comes with a carry bag for easy transporting and storing when not in use.
- Easy Cleaning
Toddler travel beds need constant cleaning for your baby’s protection too. Dirt, grime and even molds may accumulate with constant use. The fabric covers of the travel bed must be detachable, if not removable, for cleaning purposes. It’s a plus if the material is machine-washable.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
Related Popular Posts
April 14, 2017
The Best Toddler Travel Beds
Lotus Travel Crib and Portable Baby Playard
- It takes only 15 seconds to setup. Very compact and easily fits into a bag as a carry-on. Made with breathable mesh which allows for full airflow and an unobstructed view of the child.
- The bed is a portable crib in the home and extends as a perfect travel solution. Your toddler will have no difficulty finding sleep away from home since it’s his familiar sleeping ground.
- Once you master the folding and handling of the tabs, you just pack it inside the case and bring it as a carry-on backpack.
- Made with no flame retardants material. No PVC, Phthalates, or Lead. 16 CFR 1221 and ASTM F406-13A certified. It is also very easy to clean the bed too.
- As a bonus feature, it has a sun shade to shelter your baby from the UV ray outdoors. Some found the shade useful as a mosquito net too.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '7 Best Toddler Travel Beds for Your Child to Sleep Comfortably at Anywhere.'
The Shrunks Inflatable Air Mattress Travel Bed for Toddlers
- An inflatable air mattress packs a lot of fun for toddlers. It comes with an electric air pump that makes setting up enjoyable. Inflating takes a few seconds only. For best preparation, cover it with a crib sheet before pumping it up.
- The size is close to a standard crib when fully inflated but a little bulkier when deflated and placed inside the carrying bag. It fits in a suitcase so transporting it is not a problem as well.
- The material is fireproof, so it is safe for sleep and play. This product is suited for the home, for sleepovers and camping trips. It is definitely a useful spare bed which a grown-up kid can also fit in.
- There is a security rail helps prevent children from falling and stay in bed. Also, it’s phthalate-Safe, BPA-Safe and Lead-Safe.
Rating / Grade
Regalo My Cot Portable Bed
- This extremely sturdy and compact cot has the perfect size for toddlers within the age range of 1 to 5 years old. The bed support and frame are made of steel.
- Easy to set up and fold down. This traveling bed sheet is removable and washable.
- Kids find it very comfortable to sleep in but some parents beef it up with comforters for added comfort.
- As a validation of its usefulness and comfortability, this cot is being used by several daycare centers already.
Rating / Grade
Other Worth Considering Best Toddler Travel Beds
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, please click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $75 / $$ = $76 - $150 / $$$ = $151 - $250 / $$$$ = $250 - $350 / $$$$$ = $351 - $500 / $$$$$$ = Above $500)
All the best toddler travel beds featured here are portable and multi-functional. These cots come in handy for families with little kids whether as a crib solution at home or a travel companion. You never have to worry about the sleeping space of your young child anywhere nor feel cramped inside a hotel room for an overnight stay or two.
Tip: You a toddler travel bed in a hotel and save up on paying for an additional bed.
If we were to choose, the Lotus Travel Crib, The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed and Regalo Toddler Cot are the best toddler travel beds to buy. All of them are excellent travel bed for children with their own unique design. So start to pick the one suit your need and let us know your experience with the bed by commenting below.