5 Best Highchairs for Twins and Multiples – Easy to Setup and Versatile
Parental care takes on a different kind of twist if you have baby twins. One of your rude awakenings would be the feeding transition from baby bottles to solid food. Aside from the cumbersome food preparation for two, what comes next is the need for twin seating. There are no custom-made or so-called best highchairs for twins that will readily answer to your need. But fret not, we still have solutions for you.
Toggle For Table Of Content
Let’s Double the Chair
You can still save the day if you have a pair of the best baby high chair at home. You can make the most out of two high chairs like how other moms did.
The technique can be quite simple if you stick to the basics of spoon-feeding. Feed your babies one after the other, use one spoon, one bowl of food or rice cereal, and two highchairs.
Let your twins spend a lot of time together. They will eat, play and sometimes nap together in them.
Most Liked Best Highchairs for Twins
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $75 / $$ = $76 - $150 / $$$ = $151 - $250 / $$$$ = $251 - $350 / $$$$$ = $351 - $500 / $$$$$$ = Above $500)
How to Prepare Your Twins in The High Chairs
There is really no difference in preparing a single baby or twins in a high chair during feeding time. The main difference is that you have two mouths to feed. You just have to keep it simple for you and them.
- Set a definite routine for feeding, so both babies know what to expect.
- Stick to the routine, so your twins will develop similar eating habits and table etiquette.
- If you start them out right, by the time they are older, they will be able to sit through and finish meals in their highchairs with less fretting and fussing.
- Expect a mess every meal time but remain patient as they will soon settle down to eat untidiness.
- Be aware of your twins’ deep connection. Twins emotionally feed off one another. A cranky baby refusing to eat can be induced by the other who is hungry and ready to eat.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
April 27, 2016
February 29, 2016
What to Look for In a High Chair
When your twins can sit up and ready to eat solids, high chairs become your essential kitchen gears. So, what make up a good high chair for baby?
1. Ease of Use
The ease of use is the most important thing you look out for in a high chair. Remember it’s always twice the effort if you have twins. Check if your babies can easily be placed in and out of their respective seats.
2. Food Tray
Examine if the food tray detaches easily and locks in perfectly when you put them back on. You do not want your babies slipping down because of a weak or loose attachment to the body frame.
The seat and the food tray should be easy to wipe and clean. Inspect if the food tray has plenty of crevices where food residue or leftover can stick or permeate.
There are high chair models that are versatile meaning they can be converted into kid-sized chairs when your babies get older. Some chairs convert to booster seats too.
The height of the high chair should be adjustable as well as the food tray to accommodate your table height. Make sure that when adjustments are made, they lock in securely too.
Chairs with wide bases may cover a bigger space but are harder to tip over. It should be stable and balanced even when your babies shake a bit or rock the chair.
The last thing you need is high chairs that will give discomfort to your babies. The seat should be padded and comfy to the baby butts. There shouldn’t be sharp edges or protrusions, will not cause abrasion behind the legs and the food tray will not squeeze their tummies.
8. Safety and Protection
Ideally, your high chair should have a 5-point harness or at least a 3-point harness to prevent your twins from slipping or standing up. Look at the safety harness or seat straps to see if they are easy to buckle and unbuckle. High-chair accidents happen because some parents don't use the buckles for protection.
The Top 3 Best Baby High Chair
Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair With Tray, Mahogany
- This wooden high chair tops the choices in terms of aesthetics as well as the overall functionality.
- The chair is for long time use covering the transition period from baby to child.
- You will find no difficulty slipping in the bucket-type and rubbery EZ-Seat. The waterproof seat cushion and the straps are so easy to clean.
- It has a dual restraint system (5-point and 3-point harness) to secure your babies without losing the comfortable feeling.
- The plastic part tray can be removed and easily put back with one hand.
- The height is easily adjustable and can be for toddler use or a dining chair for older kids.
- Parents with twins ages 6 months and above will delight in this top-of-the-line model. The chair can hold a body weight of up to 250 pounds.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '5 Best Highchairs for Twins and Multiples – Easy to Setup and Versatile.'
Graco Convertible High Chair Seating System 4-in-1, Sapphire
- This model boasts of a 4-in-1 Seating System and made as a multi-tasking convertible high chair. It has 4 distinctive ways of use and easily adjusts to your growing babies’ seating needs.
- The chair features 6 height positions and 3 recline levels, so finding the right position for each of the twin won’t be difficult. So, whether your twins is babies or toddlers, you can adjust for low kitchen tables or a high countertop.
- The one-hand tray operation is great and less time-consuming when preparing your twins for mealtimes. You don’t even have to pull out the tray entirely when placing in or getting out your babies.
- Pop out the trays for cleaning. They are dishwasher safe.
- The safety harness or straps come together and fasten at a central point over your baby's chest. It is very similar to how safety seat belts function in a race car.
Rating / Grade
Evenflo High Chair - Convertable to Table and Chair Set, Dottie Lime
- The chair offers 3 unique seating positions that are perfect for your twins’ transition from babies to toddlers.
- It can be a full-sized high chair, converted to a chair for toddler and a kiddy table and chair set.
- The tray comes off completely and pops back on easily.
- It’s a good early training gear for independent feeding.
Rating / Grade
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best highchairs for twins for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Abiie, Graco and Evenflo are the best highchair brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Abiie Beyond Wooden, Graco Convertible Highchair and Evenflo Convertible score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these highchairs a good buy too.
Time for Feeding
There is no need to feel anxious about feeding your twins. The best highchairs for twins are actually a pair of multi-functional baby high chairs.
Breast or bottle feeding your cute little duo is probably tougher than serving solid food. If you were successful in the former, then you can better manage their next feeding stage.
You can expect a lot of feeding discovery by letting your twins follow your lead. Your twins can engage in meaningful interaction together especially when eating side-by-side in their own chairs.