10 Best Baby Mattress That Guarantees Your Baby Sleep Safe and Sound
Shopping for a crib mattress might seem like a trivial task. Of course, a crib mattress is an essential fixture in your baby’s nursery, but it is equally important as the crib, if not exceedingly significant. You should remember that more than 16 hours of an infant’s day will be spent sleeping in the crib. It is precisely for this reason that you consider only the best baby mattress for your little bundle of joy.
Toggle For Table Of Content
List of Best Baby Mattress
Toggle For Product Review Video
*For more information about NCS (Net Customer Satisfaction) grade, click here. (Price range: $ = $1 - $50/ $$ = $51 - $100 / $$$ = $101 - $200 / $$$$ = $201 - $300 / $$$$$ = $301 - $500))
Basic Information on Crib Mattress
- A crib mattress is basically a mini-bed designed to fit snuggly inside the baby crib. It will serve as a comfortable and supportive bed space for your baby to sleep on.
- You buy a crib mattress together with the crib. The crib houses the crib mattress. Most moms-to-be buy the inseparable pair within a few months or less before the expected delivery date. A third component you need to add is the crib sheet to cover the mattress.
- The use of the crib mattress will be co-terminus with the use of the crib. The same crib mattress can be used as a toddler bed soon after you wean your baby from the crib.
- The useful life of the best crib mattress should be, more or less, three years at best with proper care and maintenance. This is usually the period when your baby is big enough to transition to a bed. There are instances where parents replace the crib mattress before the said prescribed period because of the visible signs of wear and tear.
Toggle For Related Popular Posts
October 3, 2015
December 5, 2015
January 27, 2016
December 25, 2015
What Are The Types of Crib Mattresses?
There used to be only two general types of crib mattresses: foam and innerspring. However, with modern innovations, it has expanded to five main types. The best in any of the types will keep their shape and form while providing excellent support for infants and toddlers.
1. The Foam Mattress
The most common and least expensive is the foam crib mattress. One or more blocks of foam are the single material inside this lightest weight of all crib mattresses. The foam mattress has been around for decades and remains an excellent choice especially if you have a portable crib. Removing, moving, and storing the foam mattress is a stress-free task.
The material used for this foam can either be bamboo fiber, latex, or Polyurethane. It is advisable that you inquire about the type of foam inside the mattress. Polyurethane foam is cheap but predisposed to early wear and tear. The latex foam is more expensive but lasts longer.
Be guarded not just on the density but the level of firmness as well. The foam is safer for your baby if it is firmer and denser. The thickness of most foam crib mattresses varies but would not usually go beyond 6 inches.
2. Innerspring Mattress
This mattress is also known as the coil spring mattress. The name comes from the conventional coil spring where coiled steel is the main core. The steel construction makes the coil spring crib mattress heavier than other foam variants.
Naturally, the coil spring is more durable, offers appropriate support and will definitely last longer. Some manufacturers would use the coil count as the main selling point although more coils would not necessarily translate to your baby’s comfort.
There are cheap coil spring mattresses around, but the quality is suspect. When a mattress creates a squeaking noise, it’s a low-quality mattress. An annoying sound that will disturb your sleeping baby is the last thing you want to hear.
3. Natural and Organic Mattress
Organic or natural materials have also always made its way into the manufacture of crib mattresses. Parents are shifting to organic mattresses from the conventional types because of health and safety concerns.
This revolutionary mattress is preferred because the natural materials used are chemical-free, highly breathable, fire-resistant, and dust mite resistant too.
4. Memory Foam Mattress
This type of mattress features temperature sensitive foam that adjusts to your baby’s body shape. In a cold nursery, the memory foam mattress is hard until you lay your baby down to sleep. The foam will slowly mold to your child’s shape.
Since the memory foam is body-hugging, air circulation is reduced. The mattress will then feel warmer. The memory foam crib mattress is ideal in colder climates or air condition room.
5. Pocket Spring Mattress
Unlike the innerspring mattress, a pocket spring mattress uses coils of steel to support your baby. Each spring is sewn into the material pocket rather than be connected or linked to one another.
The individual pockets will allow each spring to move independently, meaning each spring will be compressed according to the amount of weight placed upon it. The style of construction will result in the perfect amount of support for your baby’s entire body.
The Top 3 Best Baby Mattress Reviews
Newton Organic Washable Wovenaire Crib Mattress
- The Newton Wovenaire tops the list of crib mattresses that can provide a healthier sleeping environment for your baby. The inner section of the mattress is made from a breathable material which provides comfort for baby to sleep on top of it.
- This is an organic mattress which is hypo-allergenic, completely washable, and 100% recyclable. It’s mainly made of 90% free air and 10% food-grade polymer. There is absolutely no foam, glue, latex, or springs, that is commonly found in some brands that claim to be organic.
- Satisfied parents attest that you can put your face right on it and breathe with no problem though it’s not recommended for the sake of safety. Breathability is not affected even with sheet covers. Your baby is safe even when he or she sleeps facing down. There is no smell of any chemicals or off-gassing.
- The firmness of this crib mattress is just right to give babies and toddlers an adequate touch of comfort and support.
- There are no identifiable drawbacks expect perhaps its hefty price when compared to other crib mattresses. However, you get what you pay for and more. The Newton baby mattress has many satisfied buyers. Hence, it’s the best baby mattress for babies.
Rating / Grade
Sharing Is Caring
Like what you read so far? How about help us to spread this AWESOME post to your friend and family? Your shout-out will help to motivate us to create more great posts for you and everyone else. Thanks for your support!
Check out this post for '10 Best Baby Mattress That Guarantees Your Baby Sleep Safe and Sound'
Moonlight Slumber Dual Firmness Crib Mattress
- This Little Dreamer mattress is another excellent choice to provide maximum comfort for your baby. Many parents attest that this mattress is the next best baby crib mattress compare to the Newton brand.
- The Little Dreamer is not only excellent for an infant, but it’s also one of the best toddler mattresses. The mattress has a dual sided sleeping surface. On the infant side, there is extra firm high-density foam to provide optimum support for infant delicate bone structure. The toddler side is made with a high-density form to give more comfort.
- This product puts a premium on health, safety and comfort features. The mattress is square and cornered edges with dropped side seams. The material is made of high-quality medical grade foam which is free of PVC, vinyl and other dangerous chemicals that are commonly used in a crib mattress. What’s more is its natural internal fire barrier.
- The 5" thick Little Dreamer is the more affordable option if you’re looking for the next best and a durable crib mattress that can last longer than the cheaper ones.
Rating / Grade
Milliard Ventilated Memory Foam Crib Mattress
- The Milliard Ventilated Memory Foam is the least expensive but don’t be skeptical about the price tag. This is one of the most comfortable memory foam you can find.
- The mattress will contour perfectly to your child's body for maximum comfort. It reduces tossing and turning so your baby can sleep comfortably, day or night. The pad is ventilated to increase air flow and help regulate sleeping temperature.
- The mattress features removable waterproof 65% cotton zipper cover for waterproof protection. The cover is machine washable and dryable for easy care.
- The 2" thick 100% Memory Foam has a superior high-density construction to guarantee that it will maintain and not lose its shape. The Milliard Memory Foam is CertiPUR-US certified.
Rating / Grade
We go through hundreds of products listing at Amazon and also study the ratings left by previous buyers to find the best baby mattress for you. Besides that, we also calculate the overall net customer satisfaction (NCS) grade because we want to see how happy is the previous buyers with their purchase of the product.
From our finding, we can say that Newton, Moonlight Slumber and Milliard are the best baby crib mattress brands. These brands are popular and received many excellent ratings for their products.
Also, the Newton Organic Crib Mattress, Moonlight Little Dreamer and Milliard Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress score favorably for the ratings as well as the NCS grade compare to the rest. We believe that you would find these baby mattresses a good buy too.
Our Final Thoughts
Your baby deserves nothing but the best baby mattress. It is undeniably vital to purchase the crib mattress that will provide your baby utmost comfort, safety and support during rest or sleeping hours in the crib.
A good baby mattress will also give you peace of mind at night when your baby is left unattended, and you are finding your own rest. Use the information shared here to help you make that sound decision.